This week I have another Healthy In A Hurry recipe that is very quick to prepare (10 minutes!) and very healthy too. It’s a salmon dish with just a hint of spice. Salmon is high in Omega 3 Fats and rich in vitamins, especially vitamin D, which helps your body absorb calcium. Salmon has a mild flavor, so for those of you who don’t like your fishes to taste tooo fishy – this one’s for you! 🙂
This dish is served with a yogurt sauce, and you can add a side of lightly steamed broccoli for a full meal. This is one of the dishes on my menu this week, so I hope you’ll try it too!
Salmon with Curry Yogurt Sauce
4 (6 oz.) salmon steaks or fillets
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 T. olive oil
1 cup fat free plain yogurt
2 T. chopped cilantro
2 T. sliced green onions
1 T. honey
1 T curry powder
1. Heat broiler. Line a baking pan with foil. Place salmon on pan.
2. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and then brush with olive oil.
3. Broil 10 minutes or just until cooked through.
4. Combine remaining ingredients to make sauce.
5. Serve salmon and top with yogurt sauce.
Per serving: 369 calories, 42 gm protein, 10 gm carbohydrates, 17 gm fat. *Adapted from a recipe I found years ago in Woman’s Day magazine.
Download the recipe here: One Move Forward’s Healthy In A Hurry Salmon with Curry Yogurt Sauce