Even when we’re trying to eat healthy, we all have food cravings from time to time. The important things to remember are to consume the unhealthy choices in moderation, and also to try to update your favorite recipes into healthier versions. And yes, you can do that without compromising taste!
One food that many people miss when they’re eating healthy is pizza. With all that bread and cheese and oil and other toppings, though, the calories and fat add up really fast. I’ve been playing around with a few different pizza recipe ideas, and I’ve found a couple of great alternatives.
This recipe, for Guilt-Free White Pizza is quite different from traditional pizza, but it’s close enough that it puts a stop to any cravings! Try this one, and if it doesn’t quite do it for you, don’t worry – I have a couple of other pizza recipes I’ll be sharing, so you’ll be sure to find something that works for you!
Guilt-Free White Pizza
2 large 100-calorie burrito-size whole wheat tortillas
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
8 slices Canadian-style bacon
1 tomato, thinly sliced and seeded
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Spray pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the pan, and then bake 5 minutes per side or until almost crispy.
3. Repeat with other tortilla
4. Mix together mozzarella and ricotta cheeses.
5. Add garlic powder to cheese mixture and mix well.
6. Spread cheese mixture on baked tortillas. Top with Canadian bacon, tomato, and basil.
7. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is heated through.
Per serving: 360 calories, 37 gm carbohydrates, 14 gm fat, 37 gm protein
You can download the recipe here: One Move Forward’s Healthy In A Hurry Guilt-Free White Pizza
I hope you will give this recipe a try if you need a pizza fix! It’s not as bready, cheesy, or oily as what you’ll get at your favorite pizza joint, but it’s also much healthier! Enjoy!